Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ephemera binders made with -- get this -- MORE ephemera

I just realized I have never posted these binders -- and they are two of my favorite projects. In an effort to start organizing my ephemera, I resurrected these old binders that my aunt gave me when she was cleaning out her office. But they were dusty and unremarkable when she gave them to me. So what to do? Using up some of the stash felt like the appropriate way to go.
To begin, I cleaned off the binders. Then, I chose scrapbook paper that would make a nice backgound. After that, it was a lot of gluing, sewing, stenciling, etc. And after the sheet of paper was complete, I adhered it to the binder using gel medium. Easy peasy, and it used up a lot of the stash.


Here are some close ups:




I really love how the stitching added some more texture. I also love the donut graphic. 


This is the inside divider on the green binder. 













I have a few more binders to cover, and certainly lots of ephemera to fill them up with. I've been using sheet protectors and the baseball card sheets to hold everything. So far, it's working out well! I'm getting organized and looking fancy while doing it. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment