Monday, March 13, 2017

Steampunk tea tin

Well, it's been a while. I think that I mentally post here, and then in reality -- nothing. So here I am, back on the bandwagon. I have lots to post about right now, so I'll try to keep the proverbial momentum going.

I recently completed another Craftster swap, this one for an altered tea tin. This isn't the original idea that I was planning on using, but it ended up being the one that worked the best! (Funny how that happens.) It was also one of my first forays into steampunk. I'm pleased as punch.




This project was a great stash buster. I have about 4,000 tea tins (mild over exaggeration) and was glad to get rid of one of those. The outside patterning was created with metal sticker paper that I ran through my Sizzix Big Shot with brick and clock embossing folders. I then went to work on the color with alcohol inks and patina paints.




The gears and such were in my stash, but I did end up buying the feet new from Alpha Stamps.

It took a few days to complete, considering that I also have a day job and things have to dry. This is one of my favorite things that I've made in some time though! I have several other tins lined up for experimentation. Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment