Friday, August 4, 2017

Tags, labels and paper feathers with the Gelli Plate

I have been doing a lot of futzing around lately with my Gelli plate, and having a darned good time doing it. The bright colors are super addicting to me! So yummy!

Here are some mini tags. I thought of adding embellishments and whatnot to these, but at the moment, I just love all the color and texture.


I discovered that you can gelli print on labels, which is a lot of fun for your altered book and paper projects. You do have to keep an eye on the stickers though, or else they stay on the Gelli plate and not on the sticker paper.



  

And I finally used this sheet of purple and blue Gelli printed paper that I have been hoarding and used it to make some awesome feathers with one of my Sizzix dies.


All in all, good times with Gelli plates! I can't stop printing! :D

The Gelli Print Rainbow Heart of Goodness

 
I've been doing a lot of gelli printing and painting on random papers lately, which is really addictive. And because it's so addictive, my stack of papers has been getting quite high and really needed to be used somewhere. I came across a $4 dollar paper mache heart at Michaels last weekend and realized it was the answer to my problem!

 


Using a 1" circle punch (honestly, that thing is the best craft investment I have ever made -- I use it a LOT), I went to town on my papers, selecting different colors for the look I was going for. 

 


Then, using some gel medium and starting at the bottom of the heart, I began to adhere circles in sort of a fish scale pattern. I decided I wanted a rainbow look, so I went through the colors accordingly and punched extra circles when I needed them.

 


Here's a look at a few of the papers I was playing with for this project.
 


 


After I adhered my circles, I went over the entire heart again with a layer of gel medium to seal it all down. In total, the project only took a few hours and used up a bit of my stash. 

I love the juicy colors of it. Honestly, rainbows just make me so darned happy. 

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pin collection on hoopla!

I have been accumulating pins over the years... I'm pretty sure I have more kicking around, but there were still plenty to do something with today. I wanted to display them in the craft room, but have been futzing around with the best way to do that. Finally, it came to me -- stick them on a hoopla! This way, I can use up a hoop, some fabric and trim too. Win-win.


I painted the hoop white, and used this lime green fabric I have had forever. (The lime doesn't show up well in these photos, but trust me, it's very green.) The trim is a dark, bright blue with beaded balls on it. Very kitschy.


The Bea Arthur button is my favorite. Obviously.


Here it is on the wall with its crafty friends. I'm digging it!

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Steampunk Tin as Featured Project on Craftster.org

My steampunk tin is officially a "Featured Project" on Craftster.org! Exciting stuff for a girl from the 'burbs. 



Friday, March 17, 2017

Quacking up


This isn't Craft-related, per se, but I love when statues get altered a bit. Make way for Irish ducklings on this St. Paddy's Day!

 

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happy National Craft Month!


Is it March Madness already? And by madness, I am referring to the frenzy going on in your craft room. March is National Craft Month -- let's get craftin'!







Monday, March 13, 2017

Steampunk tea tin

Well, it's been a while. I think that I mentally post here, and then in reality -- nothing. So here I am, back on the bandwagon. I have lots to post about right now, so I'll try to keep the proverbial momentum going.

I recently completed another Craftster swap, this one for an altered tea tin. This isn't the original idea that I was planning on using, but it ended up being the one that worked the best! (Funny how that happens.) It was also one of my first forays into steampunk. I'm pleased as punch.




This project was a great stash buster. I have about 4,000 tea tins (mild over exaggeration) and was glad to get rid of one of those. The outside patterning was created with metal sticker paper that I ran through my Sizzix Big Shot with brick and clock embossing folders. I then went to work on the color with alcohol inks and patina paints.




The gears and such were in my stash, but I did end up buying the feet new from Alpha Stamps.

It took a few days to complete, considering that I also have a day job and things have to dry. This is one of my favorite things that I've made in some time though! I have several other tins lined up for experimentation. Good times ahead.